About MERI College – LITERARY CLUB
MERI College – LITERARY CLUB aims to develop analytical and creative thinking skills. It is more than just a club for reading and writing; it is a club made for people who love literature, and want to share their experiences, readings and thoughts with others who have the same interest and talent .
It is a perfect platform for budding writers as well as versed writers. All the members of the club are benefited by the events and efforts for constant exchange of thoughts, ideas, literary knowledge and works.
It offers opportunities to appreciate different types of literature and increase literary skills. The Club not only aims at refining the writing skills of the students but also develops logical thinking and curiosity to know more that instill confidence for public speaking.
- To act as a positive catalyst for upgrading and honing our skills.
- To lit up light of enlightenment in every ones mind.
- To make the essence of knowledge felt by every one.
- to hone up the literary sensibilities and competencies of the students
- To unleash an author in oneself and the others.
- To impart the significance of literature not just to readers but also to non-readers by introducing them to the world of literature.
- Monthly E-Newsletters.
- Weekly SKILL ENHANCEMENT Sessions.
- Online competitions of Blog Writing, Article writing, Story telling etc.
- Biannual Magazines namely Marketing Quest, HR Insight, Economic Watch.
- Monthly Webinars and Expert talk
- Conducting literary games like debates, essays, quizzes, group discussions and other creative events
- Writing columns in magazines on current issues.
Speaking Skills Enhancement:
- Group discussion
- Interviewing Skills
- Case study Presentation
- Extempore (on the spot speaking )
Dr. Shikha Gupta – Programme Coordinator,BBA, Department of Management
Ms. Deepti Kapoor – Assistant Professor, Department of Management
Ms. Bindu Sharma – Assistant Professor, Department of Management